Our methodology results from the conviction that the surfing experience can be interpreted by different individuals in different ways, since some people see surfing as a sport, others as leisure and even as a philosophy or lifestyle.
Surf has a technical evolution side and performance that is common to all sports and activities. But surfing also has something else that transforms the person who surfs into a surfer, someone who faces life with a different and very unique attitude, usually more relaxed and at peace with life and the people around.
To enjoy the magical feeling of flowing with the wave, our surf school has structured its lessons so that students can fully experience the essence of surfing!
Future Eco Surf School methodology has two main goals:
1. Satisfaction and personal fulfilment
2. Performance or technical evolution of the student
Evolution phases structure our methodology.
Consequently, our lessons are organised according to students’ surfing skills, experience, age and surfing goals the teaching method of our surf school is structured according to the ancestral surfing philosophy, dating back to several centuries ago when surfing meant having fun and enjoying nature.
To ensure these two scenarios, we have structured ourselves so that all our students experience the best of surfing!
We differentiate from other surf schools because we do not give up on our students their perseverance and motivation in achieving their goals, plus of course the confidence in our 22 years of surf teaching experience!
Our teaching philosophy is based on this simple fact:
“Our success depends on the success of our students…” and this keeps us working to make the most of our students’ surfing potential!
Initiation (Basic level)
- Getting used to the surf equipment
- Safety at sea and surf
- Basic surfing techniques: positioning, paddling and pop-up
- Autonomy while surfing: board control on the inside, choosing small green waves or already broken waves – foams
- Basic surfing tricks: balance weight changes, speed up, breaking speed, initial turns
Improvement (Intermediate Level)
- Review of knowledge from the previous level
- Techniques on how to get to the outside
- Basic rescue techniques
- Line-up positioning and wave selection techniques
- Initiation to basic surf tricks: bottom turn e trimming
Performance (Advanced level)
- Review of previous knowledge
- Linking the different maneuvers according to what the wave asks for
- Introduction to intermediate/advanced tricks: floater, cut-back top to bottom and off the lip
- Introduction to functional training and complement modalities: Skate, swimming and slack-line.
”Great surf school. The staff is great and the lessons a lot of fun for all ages! Definitely recommend”Mohartenaic